Monday, February 9, 2009

All sorts of trouble...

When she first got here, Madee slept with us, and I remember how hard it was to close my eyes with her there with me, so sweet all snuggled up next to me. I just couldn't keep my eyes off of her. When she moved into her own bed at about 5 months, the transition was pretty seamless...she has just always enjoyed sleeping, so we've had that going for us.

But, since she got her own space, she hasn't slept or napped with us since.
Until last week.


I got a mid-morning nap with her the other day and she also woke up in the middle of the night and just wanted to snuggle and sleep with me as I watched TV in bed. It is still hard to keep my eyes off of her. She is such a sweet little angel. (especially when she is sleeping)

I love being a mom. I love being her mom.


Madee and I spend our mornings running errands or hanging out in the back of the house now, because every time Charlie gets on the phone for work, she taunts him from the glass doors.

She really wants the phone.

I don't have a picture of it, but today, she was trying to get his attention by threatening to jump off the back of the couch. She would climb on top and dangle a foot over the edge until he looked, and then wave at him.

She loves to climb stuff. She can get up on the couch and ottoman and mantle and glider chair all by herself.

And she loves to play chase.


Whenever she gets a hold of one of our cell phones, she curls it up to her ear and says her version of "hello?"

She loves to pet Zeus.

She loves to pull Ono's tail.


Zoie sleeps alot, but she does enjoy coming out to taunt Madee a few times a day. My new favorite thing is to put Madee's bows in her hair. Madee thinks it is hilarious.


Grammee came by the other day to read books and play puzzles. Madee had to show off her new climbing skills.

I don't get to turn on my fireplace as often as I'd like anymore.


Everytime I see this picture I laugh until my baby hurts.


We have been sitting down to dinner a few nights a week. At a table.

Madee really likes to eat like a big girl.


Little BFF Lila in a pocket of light at her house. She is a stinker. I heart her curls.

Madee has developed an obsession with other people's babies. Whenever she sees a baby carseat, she has to inspect the baby, look under blankets, help the other mommy as the baby cries and she just wants to touch the baby, which sometimes makes the other mommy a little nervous. Especially when she goes in for a poke, which I usually catch before it happens.


I hope she still likes them when her sister gets here. It is just the cutest thing, like she beginning to get a perspective and realizes that some people are smaller and more helpless than her.

Sometimes the way she rubs my belly and the way she is around new little babies I think she knows something about what is about to happen...and with what I've seen so far, it looks like she will be a really good big sister.

No comments: