Monday, January 14, 2008

Madelyn's Arrival


Karmen and I awoke early the morning of January 10, 2008. With bags in the Kitteh, we headed off to the hospital for induction.

I definitely prefer childbirth by schedule rather than by surprise.

There is a story here...and much of it includes pain....so I will spare the details.

The short of it is..... after 15 hours of labor, two epidurals, back labor, three and a half hours of pushing, much screaming, the scare of a near c-section and forceps; Madelyn Kae Van Derven
entered this world.

The beautiful little girl was born at 10:57 PM Pacific Time on January 10, 2008. She weighed 8 lbs. 3 ozs. and measured 20 inched in length.

I have had many happy days....only the day Karmen and I were married can even compare.

Luckiest guy and proudest dad eveh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GRANDPA VD JUST WEENT THROUGH THE PICTURES AND WAS IN AWE AT HER BEAUTY AND SIZE. WE ARE COUNTING THE DAYS TO OUR ARRIVAL.

GRANDMA JAN