Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

And guess who is 16 months old!

Today was a great day. I really enjoy being a mom and here are 2 of the biggest reasons why...

Here's a picture of Madee in my belly.

We picked up a yummy lunch and headed for the beach. Madee loves this beach because she can run around just about anywhere without me trying to rope her in.


Aerial view of Eden. 36 weeks.


Side view. Part of me is actually going to miss this belly. She just has a good shape.


Before I was a mama, I used to dream about it and picture it and know exactly what I would do if...

Things I have found out as an actual mama is this:

1. It is much harder than it looks
2. The first 4 years ages you like a presidency
3. I was wrong when I thought I would know exactly what I would do if...
4. I never knew how much I could love my kids.
5. I never knew how much I could love my husband.
6. I never knew how often I could experience awe, gratitude, overwhelming love, and amazement.

I can't believe how grown up Madee is in her mere 16 months. She is so independent and way too smart and funny and sweet. I remember when she was in my belly and I had given her so much personality in my mind and my heart before I had even made eye contact.

So far I have been so on target. It feels like I have known her for so long, in fact it is hard to remember what life was like before her.


She made my Mother's Day card herself - okay maybe a little of help from Dad. I love to watch her concentrate on a project. Surprisingly, she is using her right hand here, and she has always seemed to prefer her left.


Here ya go, Mom. Love you.

And a little blast from last Mother's Day.

She was just trying cereal for the first time. To think now she is walking, running, jumping, climbing, talking, screeching, snuggling, kissing. It all goes so fast and I am so glad to not miss any of it.


I cannot believe how much she has changed in a year. Wow. How much we have all changed in a year. Charlie and I were still such brand new parents and she was still so precious and clean and containable.

We are so excited to have our second little girl to add to the mix. C'mon little chubby cheeks...we are waiting!


I feel so lucky to have this family - these little ladies to show the world - this wonderful man to share my life and my children with. I am the luckiest mom in the world!

No comments: