Thursday, April 16, 2009

32 1/2 weeks...

So really only 6 1/2 to go...

I love this tank top from my pre-mommy days, and pulled it out for this shoot. Not only does it fit really cute for showing belly, but Eden might have been a little later coming if it hadn't been for Jack...he kind of helped her get here!

So the doctor says we are shooting for the week before her due date. That's why the 6 1/2 week ETA.

We also had an ultrasound last week, and although she is supposed to be spending the next several weeks fattening up, she doesn't need it. She is already a round chunky baby! She looked just like her sister, only smashed up a bit - she is running out of room in there!

As of last Thursday, she was 4 lbs 7 oz - roughly a pound heavier than the average baby at that week of development. And I am only 10 lbs over my pre-pregnancy weight, so she is half of it. She is gaining 1/2 lb a week, so she will be a good size baby! I can tell because she has taken up residence on my sciatic nerve, which makes it hard to chase her sister!

Anyway, it is getting harder to move gracefully or stand up from being seated on the ground and harder to lug Madee around and harder to sleep and harder to deal with all the hormonal mood tornadoes, but it is nice to have the end in sight.


Speaking of sister...she loves to climb into this chair.


She gets very enthralled with her programs, and loves to sing along. She sings "Ba-Pa Ba-Pa" along with the backpack song from Dora.

She will try to say almost anything you say to her, and I am amazed at how fast she is learning her language skills. I have also been reading all about toddlers, and have a methodical approach to many of her behaviors, and that has created some much needed peace in our household.


We have a lot of successful communication, which cuts down on the tantrums and frustration that she was going through. It is amazing how she is such a big independent girl one minute and then needs to be held like a baby the next.

Her life is so interesting and so precious to me. It means a lot to me that I get to be here for almost every minute of it. I am the luckiest lady she knows...


I can't believe how much she has grown in the last 15 months, and I can't believe we are about to start it all over again. It is very exciting to be a new person's Mom (and sister!) I can't wait to see how it all turns out!

No comments: