Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day!

What a lucky mother I am.

I knew when I first met Charlie that he was the one. I knew he was good enough for my kids - that, in fact my kids would be ever so lucky to have a Dad like him.

And I was oh so right.


It is beautiful to watch a Daddy's girl develop. Madee will do anything with her Dad. She loves to go on miles long hikes and play in the water and head out for bike rides with him. She loves him completely and doesn't want him to ever leave her behind.

And to see him with a tiny baby is just awesome for my soul. He is so sweet and loving as he carefully changes her little clothes, as he burps her just right as she falls asleep on his chest after not being able to get comfortable anywhere else.

I can so relate to that last one.


He is such an attentive and active and fun Dad. He teaches them how to open their mouths a show food, how to rip a burp, how to make Mom laugh her head off until she is in tears. He teaches Madee about fixing household items, how to plant trees, how to balance on things, how to do 180s and 360s in mid air.

I actually got 2 new favorite Madee and Daddy pictures this week. I love this one. You can see how much he loves her...


Oh and this one makes my heart flutter, my girl's hot Dad. Her little hand in his. His heart in her little hand. Thank you for being an amazing father and an awesome husband. I couldn't ask for a better man to lead our family.

No comments: