Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Momma's Sick

It pretty much stinks to have a job you can't even call in sick to.

Thankfully Charlie is here, because sometimes I can get so tired and achy and weepy I just can't imagine what I would do without him.

Or Zoie.
She has a way of changing my outlook when I don't feel so good. First of all, she is ancient and stiff and sore and old and did I mention OLD?

And still she greets every morning, ready for the chance to terrorize Ono, tell squirrels where they can stick it, and remind Zeus that senior citizens, although slow and dangerous behind the wheel, can still serve a purpose. And that purpose is to police his fun.

She can't feel great. But she acts like she does. In that way I try to be more like Zoie.

Anyway, Zoie doesn't usually like to pay attention to the baby (unless the baby is eating) but today she totally engaged her in play. Madee and I were sitting at my desk and Zoie comes trotting up with a toy and and as we tugged, she made eye contact with Madee and was fully directing her play towards her.

It was adorable. I love that Zoie Bear.

This is my daily favorite thing.

It is a doggie door knocker from John at Charlie's work that we received for a wedding present.

I thought it was just too cool to be on the outside of the house. It doesn't look like any of our dogs, but who cares, really when it is a huge, heavy brass doggie door knocker.


It has to be the best door knocker ever.

Madee has started snacking on rice crackers...they are crunchy at first and then they dissolve in her mouth, on her shirt, in her seat. They get everywhere.

She loves doing things like us.


And now...

The moment you have all been waiting for...

Check those adorable choppers...

No comments: