Saturday, August 22, 2009

Fever Break

I have been so lucky because Madee hasn't really been a sick kid. Especially since I stopped taking her to the neighborhood kid gym. Which, don't get me wrong, is a godsend in the winter, but the summer is for outdoor fun!

Anyway, I guess with my children being so hardy, I take their health for granted a little. All it takes is a raging fever and an inconsolable baby to turn that train around.

Madee was sporting a fever between 102-104 depending on when you took it, and I have never felt a hotter little body. She ate lots of popsicles to keep cool and I just left the bath full and the baby naked so she could get in and out and that helped keep her cooled down.


Lots of naps and cuddles and crying and of course all the guilt that I am feeling that she has to go through it at all. I did everything I could to make her feel better. It involved a lot of Sponge Bob, free reign of my laptop and cell phone, and lots and lots of hugs, even if the baby was crying.

We spent a couple days on the couch, the three of us, and then when Dad came home, all four of us, and when she couldn't sleep unless she was on top of on of us, we just set up camp right there right under her, and let her sleep any way she could.

And during one hot sweaty nap her fever broke.

And everything is cool again.

I am pretty sure it was the Daddy kisses that made everything better.

He knows just what to do.

No comments: