Friday, August 15, 2008

Make a Little Birdhouse in Your Soul


I think one of my new favorite shows, being a mom, is Nanny 911. Not only do I learn so much about motivation/discipline/communication between parent and child, but Charlie and I usually have a much better appreciation for each other and our family and situation after watching.

Especially after watching a 3 hour marathon.


I am so lucky to have an involved, present, caring husband and doting father to our child. And we are beyond fortunate that Charlie gets to work out of the house, because our family is almost always right there, together, a unit.

And I think that is part of the reason that Madee is such a happy girl, like 98% of the time.


Seriously, I couldn't ask for a better child. Sure, I get worn out and tired just like any 24 hour mom, but things could be and will one day be much more challenging.

Especially if/when another child gets added to our mix.

I think Madee will enjoy having someone to play with, but right now she is very satisfied with her playmates.

Especially her mirror friend.


And her mom isn't so bad either...


I just treasure this time when she accepts me as a buddy, instead of looking at me as some symbol of establishment which she must overthrow.

Look at this face.

It can't wait to take over the world, me included.

Today's Favorite Thing...

The real estate market is tough here. This house next door has been vacant for a while. I keep an eye on it because it is absolutely one of my favorite in our neighborhood...


I'm your only friend
I'm not your only friend
But I'm a little glowing friend
But really I'm not actually your friend
But I am..

(and while you're at it
Keep the nightlight on inside the
Birdhouse in your soul)

And now for some self portraits...

Shine


I am sure this is the vision Madee sees when she thinks "Mommy".

No comments: